We’re delighted to launch our brand new winter campaign, advert and competition ‘Could you open your door?’
It’s an upbeat, inspiring campaign to encourage local people the think about opening their doors to local children.
We’ve been working hard behind the scenes for the past few months to bring our vision to life, filming children and young people, staff and ‘volunteers’ to create our spectacular new advert to rival the big hitters!
Whilst not a Christmas advert, our ad is a heart-warming reflection of fostering for your Local Authority in Cheshire- highlighting the different ages, stages and abilities of our children. It touches on the challenges that they face- navigating moving in with new people, learning new boundaries, getting involved with social activities and ultimately, being kept safe, happy and reassured for however long they need to be.
Check it out here and let us know if you’re feeling inspired…
Read the press release here: https://www.warrington.gov.uk/news/could-you-open-your-door
To encourage people to interact with our campaign, we’ve also launched a region-wide competition to find Cheshire’s Most Welcoming Front Door. Think yours could be it? Take a picture of your door and upload it to our Facebook page, or via Instagram using #welcomingdoorsofcheshire. You can find us on both platforms @foster4cheshire. You could be in with a chance to win a £500 B&Q voucher and of course the prestigious accolade of having Cheshire’s Most Welcoming Front Door! The competition will be judged by a panel of local children in care- experts in what makes a welcoming first impression. Entries will be open from 18th November- 3rd January, with the winner being announced on or around 7th January. See the full terms and conditions by reading more below:
- The competition is open to all residents of the four Local Authorities in Cheshire: Cheshire East Council, Cheshire West and Chester Council, Halton Borough Council and Warrington Borough Council. For the purposes of this competition, ‘residents’ means those who pay their council tax (or equivalent/ would ordinarily pay their council tax to if eligible) to any of these four Local Authorities.
- Businesses with a base in these areas are also eligible to enter. The image of the door they are entering must be within the boundaries of the four LAs.
- If the entrant is not the homeowner or named on the tenancy or equivalent, they must have the home owner/ named tenant’s express permission to enter.
- The competition is free to enter, but all entrants must demonstrate an element of skill and creativity in the design or decoration of their front doors.
- The competition will be judged by a panel of children in care, who will decide which door they feel makes the most welcoming first impression.
- The voucher is non-refundable and non-returnable. No cash equivalent is available.
- The competition will open for entries on 18th November and close on 3rd January. Entries submitted after this date will not be eligible to win the competition.
- Those living or based outside of the four Cheshire Local Authorities may still enter, but will not be eligible to win.
- Entries should be made by posting a picture of the front door on the pinned (top) competition post on the @foster4cheshire Facebook page. Alternatively, entries can also be made on Instagram, by uploading a picture of your door using #welcomingdoorsofcheshire. Please note, we will not be able to see entries made on Instagram profiles that are set to private, and therefore those entries would not be counted.
- For those not on social media, entries can also be made by sending a photo of your door, along with your contact details via email at: email@example.com or by post. Our postal address is:Foster4
New Town House
- All postal entries must arrive before 3rd January.
- By entering, entrants agree to have their names, the town they live in and the image they have submitted promoted on social media and in press.
- The winner will be contacted on or around 7th January via direct message if entering on social media and will be contacted via the alternative contact details provided if entering via email or post.
- If the winner does not respond within 48 hours, or it is found that they do not meet the terms and conditions of the competition, they will forfeit the prize and title and an alternative winner will be selected.