Foster Care Fortnight, the UK’s biggest foster carer recruitment campaign, organised by The Fostering Network, is taking place from 13th- 26th May. This year’s campaign #changeafuture, aims to highlight how foster carers can make a positive difference to the futures of local children and young people.
To support the campaign locally, we’re undertaking lots of activity to promote fostering, and particularly fostering older children across our four areas:
Cheshire East Council
Cheshire West Council
Halton Borough Council
Warrington Borough Council.
Here’s a snapshot of what we’re getting up to during the fortnight:
- Having our radio ads and interviews broadcast on Heart North West, Wire FM, Silk FM and Dee Radio
- Promoting Foster4 via a flyer insert in the May edition of Cheshire Life magazine
- Hosting an Ad Van roadshow, touring Cheshire from Friday 24th- Sunday 26th May (keep your eyes peeled for a big van featuring Foster4)
- Attending the Geronimo! Festival at Arley Hall in Cheshire East (and providing tickets for all of our fostering families to attend too)
- Sending out a press release featuring the stories of care leavers, who were fostered by our carers, speaking about how they have helped them to have positive futures
- Featuring on the digital billboard at the Warrington Wolves rugby stadium
- Featuring on static billboards in Widnes and Warrington
- Hosting a Become a Foster Carer Information Session in each of our four areas
- ‘Popping up’ at shopping centres, play centres, libraries and cafes across Cheshire (a big thank you to our foster carers who will be hosting some of the pop ups too)
and much, much more. We’ll be posting full details of where you can find us very soon, so please keep checking back for updates.
Pictured: Care leaver Naomi who will be telling her story during the fortnight.